The ultimate scavenger hunt will promises to be a challenge all in the name of winning some banging prizes including the iPhone. Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Philadelphia will kick off its first-ever “Philly Finds” for locals and hotelguests next weekend. The scavenger hunt will go from Oct.14-17tth the hunt will take participate everywhere from historic landmarks to famous Philly eats.
The application allows participants to document their hunt findings with photos taken on a mobile device. Participants upload photos of the found items to the application and can interact with others on the hunt. The creativity of the photos is the ultimate tie-breaker so originality is key!
“Philadelphia is a great and eclectic city—with so many hidden treasures. We want Philadelphians and our hotel guests to experience the city as a local. ,” said Palomar General Manager Nick Gregory, “We are looking forward to seeing all the creative photos and interacting in a new and innovative way with the city!”
To participate in “Philly Finds”:
· Download the “Scavenger Hunt with Friends” application to your mobile device (application is available through iTunes and Android Market)
· Join the “Philly Finds” hunt and the application will reveal the scavenger hunt list
· The hunt will officially begin at 8:00 am on Oct. 14, 2011
· When an item is found, take a photo and upload to the application
· To win, a participant must find photos of all items on the Scavenger Hunt with Friends list
· The hunt will officially end at noon on Oct.17, 2011
The prize for the winner will be their choice of a new iPhone or iPad 2. In addition, the winner will receive a weekend hotel stay at any Kimpton hotel in the country (prize worth $1200). A special Philadelphian will be the judge and will also on-site to crown the Scavenger Hunt winner at the winner’s ceremony—which will take place in the Living Room at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm. All participants are welcome to attend for the announcement and light refreshments. Winner will also be announced on Hotel Palomar’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hotelpalomar.philadelphia.